- JOIN -
Join our powerful and inspiring team and help our nation to move forward with unity!
If you are interested in applying, please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, include your name and the position you are interested in.
Humankind Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Executive Director (ED) will report to the Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors and will have extensive involvement in the overall strategic and operational responsibility for HA’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure an ongoing rigorous program evaluation of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage HA volunteers, Board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Support and maintain a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local and national operations.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Has an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, initiative, flexibility, team-player and self-directed.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities as outlined by HA to support HA’s operations and expansion.
- Refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger and sustainable brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Support the implementation of the strategic business planning process for HA’s program expansion into new markets.
- Build partnerships into new markets and establish relationships with the funders, with political and community leaders at each expansion of HA’s programs.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to HA’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5-7 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading; regionally and nationally scaling a performance-and outcome-based organization and staff. Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to manage staff and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
We are seeking an efficient and professional self-starter with creative problem-solving skills who can perform a variety of work with minimal direction. The Executive Assistant provides strategic, administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director and Board President of Humankind Alliance. The Executive Assistant provides strategic, administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director and Board President of Humankind Alliance International.
In this role, the Executive Assistant will have unique visibility into and gain experience supporting operations at all levels of a growing national non-profit. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter seeking a dynamic role with extraordinary learning and growth potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Founder/Board President and Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; screening visitors and callers; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; managing all signatures; copy editing materials; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents and briefing materials for travel-related meetings. Anticipate and solve for challenges to ensure the most strategic use of the Board President’s time.
- Conducts follow-up and planning regarding events, meetings, and calls. For instance recording business cards/entering data in Salesforce, and conducting research in advance of meetings.
- Coordinates all meetings for the Board President and routine staff/board meetings, including preparing materials and scheduling. Set up conference rooms with audio, visual and conference call needs.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director and Board President to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, including key decisions, following up appropriately.
- Provides Board of Directors-related support services including but not limited to: the maintenance of Board and Board Committee rosters, coordination of Board meetings, preparation of minutes and collection of agenda-related materials. Provides similar support services to other external and internal work groups, coalitions and task forces.
- Coordinates the Board President’s internal communications to staff, including emails to all staff and calls with partners and other meetings and communications.
- Communicates as needed on behalf of the Board President, with Board members, donors, and others.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Leads on staff appreciation including tracking birthdays, years of service, and other staff milestones.
- Adheres to professional standards.
Strategic Executive Functions
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Board President and Executive Director, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Board President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for effective and regular communication between the Board President and internal departments; demonstrating leadership, collegiality and empathy to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Proactively identifies ways to improve communication within HA leadership team and to/from leadership teams throughout HA.
- Answers incoming calls, takes messages, welcomes visitors, and responds to routine inquiries for information.
- Maintains confidentiality of all documents and other information. Prepares records, contracts for signature or submission, personnel and other documentation and ensures the appropriate filing and distribution of such data.
- Attends meetings, takes minutes and distributes minutes to attendees.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and deliveries, processes outgoing mail, and handles requests for messenger and delivery services.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree and four years related experience. May give credit towards years of experience if attained a degree higher than an Associate’s Degree.
- Effective business writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrative ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Excellent writing skills
- Responsive and adaptable in a rapid-change environment
- Culturally Sensitivity
Working alongside the Executive Director and Board President, the fundraising coordinator will strategically implement all fundraising activities and build strong partnerships with donors, sponsors, and other to move forward HA’s mission.
The Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator role is to conduct the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to development and fundraising. The candidate must track and properly document all activities and complete all necessary reporting requirements. She/he will ensure that personal conduct and representation at meetings and various community events is professional and aligns with HA’s mission and vision.
The Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator will research and contact potential funders and help obtain funding by drafting, editing, and preparing grant proposals and other fundraising materials for submission. In addition, she/he must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and sales ability, preferably a professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
This key figure will coordinate SBE’s efforts to develop, enhance, and maintain productive partnerships with donors, sponsor, and other supporters. She/he is responsible for developing/implementing innovative funding techniques. The position helps to develop strategies, policies, and procedures to take advantage of opportunities for cooperative partnerships with the public, private and social sectors.
- Create, implement and manage all fundraising activities.
- Manage information gathering and participate in networking activities in order to identify potential partners and fundraising opportunities.
- Conduct prospect research and create donor profiles and portfolios to support others in the organization with their fundraising efforts.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to evaluate potential funding sources.
- Make initial contact and follow up.
- Build and maintain profitable long-term relationships with potential donors and partners.
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of HA in the future.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget.
- Monitor the development of partnerships and funding applications.
- Take responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Process incoming donations and promptly record.
- Work in close contact with the CEO.
- Work with team developing fundraising and partnership proposals.
- Maintain critical databases and schedules.
- Participate in staff meetings and activities and other HA activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- Effective presentation and research skills.
- Capable of writing proposals, grant applications, partnership agreements, etc.
- Ability to work individually and on self-driven projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Well built skills in organization and prioritization.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Good client interaction skills.
- Service and customer awareness.
- Work under stress to meet project deadlines and minute attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated individual.
- Thoroughness, Creativity, Curiosity.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Negotiation, persuasion, determination.
- Knowledge of computers, MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint), and Salesforce.
- College degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- If minimal education requirement is not met, then candidate should apply if they feel they have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
- 3-5 years in a fast-paced fundraising environment, with proven ability to secure donations and maintain donor relationships.
- Must have a strong command of the written and spoken English language.
- The duties outlined in this job description may change following a review.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
GET IN TOUCH
Have a questions regarding any of the available positions – just fill out the form below!