Seeking an Executive Director
The Executive Director (ED) will report to the Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors and will have extensive involvement in the overall strategic and operational responsibility for HA’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure an ongoing rigorous program evaluation of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage HA volunteers, Board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Support and maintain a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local and national operations.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Has an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, initiative, flexibility, team-player and self-directed.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities as outlined by HA to support HA’s operations and expansion.
- Refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger and sustainable brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Support the implementation of the strategic business planning process for HA’s program expansion into new markets.
- Build partnerships into new markets and establish relationships with the funders, with political and community leaders at each expansion of HA’s programs.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to HA’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5-7 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance-and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to manage staff and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
LEAVING YOU WITH OUR MISSION
Our mission is to work with purpose and drive to strengthen the bonds of trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. We are dedicated to finding solutions – no blame, no guilt, just bringing people together in mutual understanding to solve the challenges we face as a nation by steering a positive course toward a peaceful and harmonious future.
In addition to the cutting edge law enforcement initiatives, HA offers unique and powerful events to empower and foster growth for women in fields of service (nurses, teachers, law enforcement, caregiver, wounded warriors). As a woman-owned company, we make it apart of our mission to empower and rise up women, creating a bolder, wiser and more evolved world!