Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator
Working alongside the Executive Director and Board President, the fundraising coordinator will strategically implement all fundraising activities and build strong partnerships with donors, sponsors, and other to move forward HA’s mission.
The Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator role is to conduct the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to development and fundraising. The candidate must track and properly document all activities and complete all necessary reporting requirements. She/he will ensure that personal conduct and representation at meetings and various community events is professional and aligns with HA’s mission and vision.
The Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator will research and contact potential funders and help obtain funding by drafting, editing, and preparing grant proposals and other fundraising materials for submission. In addition, she/he must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and sales ability, preferably a professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
This key figure will coordinate SBE’s efforts to develop, enhance, and maintain productive partnerships with donors, sponsor, and other supporters. She/he is responsible for developing/implementing innovative funding techniques. The position helps to develop strategies, policies, and procedures to take advantage of opportunities for cooperative partnerships with the public, private and social sectors.
- Create, implement and manage all fundraising activities.
- Manage information gathering and participate in networking activities in order to identify potential partners and fundraising opportunities.
- Conduct prospect research and create donor profiles and portfolios to support others in the organization with their fundraising efforts.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to evaluate potential funding sources.
- Make initial contact and follow up.
- Build and maintain profitable long-term relationships with potential donors and partners.
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of HA in the future
- Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget
- Monitor the development of partnerships and funding applications.
- Take responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Process incoming donations and promptly record.
- Work in close contact with the CEO.
- Work with team developing fundraising and partnership proposals.
- Maintain critical databases and schedules.
- Participate in staff meetings and activities and other HA activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- Effective presentation and research skills.
- Capable of writing proposals, grant applications, partnership agreements,etc.
- Ability to work individually and on self-driven projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Well built skills in organization and prioritization.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Good client interaction skills.
- Service and customer awareness.
- Work under stress to meet project deadlines and minute attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated individual.
- Thoroughness, Creativity, Curiosity.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Negotiation, persuasion, determination.
- Knowledge of computers, MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint), and Salesforce.
- College degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- If minimal education requirement is not met, then candidate should apply if they feel they have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
- 3-5 years in a fast-paced fundraising environment, with proven ability to secure donations and maintain donor relationships.
- Must have a strong command of the written and spoken English language.
- Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering the phone, taking messages, helping other team members with organizing activities and assist regardless of the program.
- The duties laid down in this job description may change following a review.